This recipe comes together in under 5 minutes with your favorite flatbread or naan of choice, and is inspired by traditional Turkish pides (without the dough work).
Company in town? This is an easy and fast option to feed a crowd, feel free to pack that sheet pan!
Makes 1 pide
- 1 naan or ready made flatbread (I use Trader Joes’ frozen garlic naan)
- 3 tbs whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 tbs crumbled feta
- 1 large egg
- Fresh cracked pepper and salt
- Optional: Harrissa, chopped parsley, fresh squeezed lemon, or your favorite hot sauce for serving
- If frozen, warm your naan or flatbread according to package instructions or by warming in a 400 degree oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat your broiler on high for 10 minutes.
- Place warmed naan or flatbread on a parchment lined baking sheet and spread your yogurt in the middle, leaving about an inch “crust” around the edges.
- Sprinkle feta atop yogurt, and crack your egg directly on top (it’s okay if it gets a little messy).
- Broil your pide on the top rack of your oven for 3-5 minutes, checking every minute or so to make sure your naan isn’ burning and the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with harissa, parsley, fresh cracked pepper, and salt
- To eat, break the yolk in the middle with a piece of naan or fork and mix to combine with the yogurt and feta. You can either eat with your hands (my preference) or use a knife and fork to help manage the delicious mess.